Community Opportunities for Families, Parents, and Professionals
10 Traits of Effective Parents in Special Education
Monday, October 21st from 6:30 - 8 pm
Milton Public Library Key Community Room
476 Canton Ave, Milton, MA 02186
Featuring Attorney Jeff Sankey, Founder, Sankey Law Offices &
Gina McClellan, Special Education Advocacy of Massachusetts
Advocating for children in the special education system can be frustrating and overwhelming for parents. Over the past decade, attorney Jeffrey Sankey and special education advocate Gina McClellan have worked with hundreds of families through the special education process. In their experience, they have found that the parents who are best able to navigate the intricacies of the special education process share a number of common traits, which we will explore during this session.
Topics covered will include:
• Understanding key special education rules and regulations
• Maintaining accurate and complete records
• Facilitating productive relationships with school staff
This community event is free and open to the public.
Please RSVP at email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our mailing list to make sure you don't miss our next community event!
Previous Community Seminars Sponsored by Puzzle Pieces, LLC
- Neurodiversity Round Table: Celebrating Neurodiveristy During the Month of April
- Mindful Moms: Self-Care and Mindfulness for Mothers of Children with Individual Differences
- Financial Planning for Your Child with Special Needs
- Navigating the IEP and Building Positive Relationships with Your Child's School
- Pajama Story Night: A Family Literacy Event
- DIR® Floortime™ 101 for Parents and Professionals
- DIR® Floortime™ 201 for Professionals